Friday, August 27, 2010

Remember When...

You were a kid and you were forced into doing something you had absolutely no interest in doing, all because of the magical words "it's good for you, it'll build character"? It was a bogus answer then, and it's still a bogus answer now. Especially when, as an adult, you know what's really going on.

The words have changed, "It's a great growth opportunity for you, you'll have such an important impact in the way things are executed for the program", but the meaning behind them has stayed the same. You do what I'm telling you and I don't want to hear about it. They might was well skip up the hall saying "Nahhh nahh nahh nahh nahh.  

How did this happen??!!???

Grrrrrr.....  Argghhhhh!!!!

I "Drafted" this post for a few days, figuring that I'd better settle down a bit before I hit Publish and forever have my lunatic ranting out in cyber world. My perspective on the situation hasn't changed much but I've simmered down and my alert status has gone from brilliant glowing red, to a soft yellow.

*sigh*

The work is challenging which I love. It's taking me outside my comfort zone, great, I don't mind. Truly. I think what gets my back up is the fact that when it was presented to my director and me about what the new responsibilities would include, a LOT of details were left out. So, didn't know I was supposed to, not clairvoyant here, how did you think I'd have figured it out. Save me the sanctimonious attitude when you tell me that I was supposed to have made these decisions. Go lecture someone who deserves it. Want to let the new girl in on the plan?!!

I better be careful about how much I go on. I'm not normally a pessimistic person about my job. I love it. I've been with my organization for almost 7 years and I still love it. It's like your favourite book or movie that has that one small little part you don't like all that much. That's what this is.

I'll find a way to make it work and have the nagging feeling that the bogus answer - without my jaded interpreted meaning, is going to turn out to be true after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment